My name is Isabell Grundschober and I have been working as a researcher at Danube University Krems (Austria) since February 2015. In June 2019 I was promoted to be the head of the Center for Research in Educational Technologies at the Department of Continuing Education Research and Educational Technologies.
Next to my informal education during several internships at the Austrian Research Promotion Agency FFG, an internship at the commercial section of the Austrian embassy in Finland, working as an entrepreneur in my early twenties or working full-time at Danube University, there are 3 major formal education steps I took in the past 10 years:
- In October 2013, I graduated from the Vienna University of Economics and Business, where I studied National Economy & Socioeconomics, specializing in media & communication as well as social policy.
- After finishing my bachelor study at WU, I started my studies at a teacher college, the University College of Teacher Education Vienna/Krems (KPH), with a focus on K12 pupils and eLearning and ePortfolios, which I finished in June 2018.
- In January 2019 I finished my master studies in Applied Knowledge Management at the University of Applied Sciences Burgenland (FH Burgenland). My master thesis is about patterns for formative assessment in ePortfolio-work in Higher Education.
My Field of Research
My research interests include design for learning, networked learning, online and hybrid learning environments, the nature of professional and experiential knowledge as well as professional education, which combines theory and practice.
My current research projects focus on the following aspects:
- Learning-outcome and competence-based learning designs for continuing education and VET
- Critical analysis and evaluation of eLearning environments
- Choosing and implementing suitable digital tools, platforms and function to support learning
- Building bridges between industry, businesses and higher education through work-based learning
- Validation of non-formal and informal learning
You can find out more about the projects I am currently working on at the “Project”-Section in my Blog.
My projects are involving many people from people all over the world. I love to travel, meet them, communicate online and also working in virtual teams. Here are a few pictures from my journeys – eager to learn and not forgetting to take pictures on my way!